PCS Roofing Blog—Benefits of a Professional Roof Inspection to Assess Storm Damage When is the last time you looked at your roof? You may glance at it as you approach home after a long day at work or when you’re enjoying an afternoon outdoors, but that’s not what we’re asking. When was the last time you really looked at your roof? You know it’s the first line of defense against all types of weather. You know high winds can lift shingles or peel them off completely, leaving gaps that will allow water to penetrate. You know hail’s battering impact can destroy a roof in a matter of minutes. But you may not realize that the dry weather and intense sunshine that comes with South Carolina summers can be equally damaging, leaving your roof brittle and inflexible and more prone to the damages and leaks that come with stormy weather.
Precision Contracting Services (PCS) Roofing is your go-to roofing contractor company in Upstate South Carolina for new roofing installation and roof replacements. But did you know we are also experts at roof inspections? And what is a roof inspection anyway? A roof inspection is an evaluation of the level of wear and tear on your roof, an estimate of the life left in it and an assessment of any repairs it will need immediately or in the near future.
With a PCS Roofing inspection, here’s what you’ll get:
1. A thorough visual inspection of the roof exterior, checking for:
- Shingles or tiles that are cracked, curled, worn or missing
- Mold or moss growth
- Efficient drainage
- Ice dams
- Condition of flashing on dormers, valleys, side walls and eaves
- Correct installation around chimneys, skylights and all roof penetrations
- Proper installation at any roof-to- wall intersections
- Condition of fascia, gutters and drains
2. An equally thorough visual inspection of the roof interior, checking for:
- Adequate insulation (includes assessing the R-value)
- Any indication of moisture or mold
- Structural issues
3. A detailed report of your roof condition with any problem areas identified, documented by photos, with an estimate for the cost of repairs. You’ll need this for:
- Documentation to support the claim to your insurance company
- An understanding of the expected useful life that is left in your roof
- Your peace of mind that comes with knowing you’ve eliminated potential roofing problems before they caused serious damage and their associated high costs for repair
PCS Roofing is led by a local business owner with more than 20 years of experience in the roofing industry. We are roofing specialists who can efficiently handle all your residential and commercial roofing requirements. Precision is our name so you know we’ll do your roofing job right! We are fully licensed, bonded and insured and we are manufacturer certified by Certainteed for Shingle Technology and Installation. We’ve earned an A+ better Business Bureau rating and we’re local so you know we’re not one of those storm chaser companies looking to take advantage of people in distress in the wake of bad weather. Give us a call and schedule an appointment for a roof inspection. We’ll ensure your roof continues to protect your most valuable asset—your home.